Located in the Northeastern Florida, Jacksonville is the twelfth most populous city in the United States, is the principal city in the Jacksonville Metropolitan Area (Metro Overview Map) and the county seat of Duval County.
Jacksonville is the largest city in the US when it comes to area (land mass), encompassing 767 square miles (over 874 square miles if you include water).
Voted three times as the “Number one city for expansion and relocation in America” by Expansion Management Magazine, Jacksonville is known for its many great beaches, St. Johns River, fishing, sports, championship golf, arts and entertainment venues, naval stations and Mayo Clinic, along with a thriving economy with many major corporations offering employment opportunities.
Whether you are locating across the street, town, country or planning an International Florida relocation, we provide outstanding relocation services for individuals and families faced with the challenges that come with a geographical move and change of lifestyle.
As your Jacksonville Florida area Realtor®, we offer extensive knowledge about local neighborhoods, schools and market conditions. Visit our Jacksonville page for more information about the individual neighborhoods in the Jacksonville area.
RE/MAX International/Relocation Services, Inc. is one of the top 10 corporate relocation companies in real estate in the United States and RE/MAX is the largest real estate franchise in the world for over 40 years.
We pride ourselves on our professionalism, Jacksonville FL knowledge base and attention to detail the company and transferee require in making their Jacksonville Florida relocation as smooth and painless as possible.
RE/MAX can help you find the perfect home in the Jacksonville area you want to live in. As part of the world wide Remax network, with more than 120,000 real estate associates in more than 80 countries, we can help with your relocation needs, at no cost to you!
Our suite of relocation to Jacksonville Florida destination services includes:
- Personalized Relocation Packages
- Temporary Housing Locator Assistance Maps
- Local Interest & Detailed Demographics
- Custom Market Analysis & Pricing Area
- Orientation Executive Services
- Airport Service Car Rental
- Visa & Immigration Information
- Household Goods Transportation
- Property Management Furniture Rental
There are many things to remember when relocating from one country to another. We have compiled the checklist below to help ensure that nothing is overlooked in your relocation and moving process. We highly recommend that as you proceed with your relocation, you utilize our downloadable relocation checklist.
Arts, Entertainment and Endless Fun Things to Do in the Jacksonville area
Jacksonville is a mecca of sports venues with enough local, regional, college and professional teams and events to satisfy everyone. Sundown entertainment options are as diverse as the local landscape. Jacksonville's arts and cultural community boasts exceptional museums, unique, boutique galleries and a wide selection of performing arts. The city offers a plethora of local artists, creating a blend of museums, festivals and performing art – only minutes away from the sophistication of Jacksonville's city center.
What is happening in and around the city:
- Jacksonville Events - Comprehensive view of big events in Jacksonville, Florida
- Top 10 Jacksonville Attractions – Mix of attractions that appeal to everyone
- Jacksonville Beach - The City of Jacksonville Beach has more than 4.1 miles of sandy beaches which offer recreational opportunities year round
- TPC (Tournament Players Club) Sawgrass - Part of the PGA TOUR, the TPC Network was established to provide the ultimate host venues for TOUR events – with services and amenities that met the highest standards of professional golf
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Official site of the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL football team including events and news
- Jacksonville Suns - The Suns provide some of the best baseball you can find anywhere
- Jacksonville Florida Theater - Events Calendar and ticket information
- Ponte-Vedra Concerts - Performing arts facility located in the heart of Ponte Vedra Beach. The Concert Hall features national and international performing artists and an array of activities, concerts and community gatherings
- Museums in Jacksonville - List of top museums in Jacksonville, Florida - Inexpensive and Fun for the Whole Family
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre - The St. Augustine Amphitheatre is a great outdoor concert venue on A1A in St Augustine, Florida, United States. The Amphitheatre seats 3,493 people and showcases top names in entertainment.
Nearby Hubs to Jacksonville Florida
You can fly to Atlanta in 60 minutes, fly to Orlando in 45 minutes and fly to New York in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Jacksonville to Atlanta Georgia – 289 miles
- Jacksonville to Miami - 327 miles
- Jacksonville to Orlando - 127 miles
- Jacksonville to Tallahassee - 157 miles
- Jacksonville to Tampa - 174 miles
Jacksonville Florida Population
As of 2012, Jacksonville’s population is approximately 821,784 people with 1,100 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, the area has had a population growth of 12.82%. The median age in Jacksonville is 35.5. 43.81% of people are married and 13.33% are divorced. The average household size is 2.48 people. 26.57% of people are married with children and 18.85% have children and single.
Jacksonville Florida Schools
Jacksonville is served by the following school districts:
Colleges/Universities in or nearest to Jacksonville include:
- Art Institute of Jacksonville
- Edward Waters College
- Flagler College
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Jacksonville University
- Jones College
- St. Johns River State College
- University of Florida Health Science Center
- University of North Florida
Employment Opportunities in Jacksonville Florida
Jacksonville is home to many prominent corporations and organizations that offer excellent employment opportunities.
Fortune 1000 Companies in Jacksonville, according to CNNMoney include:
- CSX Corporation
- Fidelity National Financial
- Fidelity National Information Services
- Landstar System, Inc.
- PSS World Medical
Largest employers in Jacksonville (Duval County) by number of employees:
- Naval Air Station
- Naval Station Mayport
- Duval County Public Schools
- City of Jacksonville
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
- Publix Distribution Center
- Baptist Health System
- CSX Corp.
- Bank of America Corp.
Jacksonville Florida Transportation
The Jacksonville Transportation Authority (JTA) operates bus, people mover, and park-n-ride services throughout the city and region. The city is bisected by major highways, I-95 and I-10, and I-295 creates a full beltway around the city. The Skyway is an automated people-mover system connecting Florida State College at Jacksonville downtown campus, the Northbank central business district, Convention Center, and Southbank locations.
Jacksonville International Airport (JIA), identified as IATA airport code JAX serves the Greater Jacksonville Metropolitan Area. There are major airlines that offer flights to major cities around the country making it an ideal location for businesses. You can fly to Atlanta in 60 minutes, fly to Orlando in 45 minutes and fly to New York in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Your Jacksonville Florida Relocation Expert - Kevin Mansel Pepperall (RE/MAX)
Jacksonville is an exciting marketplace and vibrant community with lots of quality homes for sale that meet the many needs of a diverse range of clients.
After living and working all around the world, I (Kevin Pepperall), am still constantly amazed how strong the Jacksonville Florida real estate market is.
If you are thinking about relocating to the area, you will find many residential options to choose from.
Whether you are looking for luxury estate homes, new construction homes, single-family homes, golf homes, waterfront properties, townhomes, condos or investment properties, we can help you find the perfect home for your lifestyle, preferences and needs.
With so many different properties, we apply our experience early on in the buyer's search process to help them narrow their list to the properties that have the greatest short and long term potential.
Take advantage of our experience as a local market expert for Jacksonville FL, St Augustine FL, Orange Park FL, Atlantic Beach FL, Jacksonville Beach FL, Ponte Vedra Beach FL, St Johns FL and Ponte Vedra FL to find the perfect property that matches your needs, lifestyle and preferences.
RE/MAX International/Relocation Services, Inc. is one of the top 10 corporate relocation U.S. companies in real estate and the largest real estate franchise in the world for over 40 years. RE/Max prides itself on providing total professionalism. We offer a strong knowledge base on the Jacksonville FL real estate market and are dedicated to providing transferees a smooth transition.
Remax can help you find the perfect home in the Jacksonville area you want to live in. As part of the world wide Remax network, with more than 120,000 real estate associates in more than 80 countries, we can help with your relocation needs, at no cost to you!
Kevin Mansel Pepperall is a licensed and bonded Northeast Florida real estate agent who provides excellent service to home buyers and home sellers in Jacksonville Florida. Kevin is also a member of the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors® and the Northeast Florida MLS.
Whether you are a first time buyer, seasoned buyer or investor, Kevin will provide you the most up-to-date information, current market trends and professional guidance in your purchase. Use Kevin's Jacksonville Florida real estate expertise to alleviate your stress and make your Jacksonville Florida area relocation a pleasant one.
If you are thinking about relocating to Jacksonville Florida or want to sell or buy a new home or a condo in the Jacksonville area, call Kevin today at (904) 699-1900.